Tuesday 27 August 2013

Your God, one of History, or Today? by Cliff Halls

I heard a preacher called Bro. Steven Shelley (revival.org) preach about 'spiritual widows'. Whilst surfing the web, looking at various 'Christian' sites finding so many talking about what God used to do, what he has done, the healings that took place, the needs God met. God brought that message back to mind, and I feel that God would have me share some of these points for you to ponder.

What is a widow?
A widow is someone who had a partner, that has passed on (died). Many of us at different times have spoken to people who have lost a partner, and what do they speak about most? The partner they have lost! "You know he/she was so good to me, he/she used to do this, that, or the other". They brag on their husband/wife, very often they only tell you the good parts, the way they helped, they were the best...., there was no one like my....., I think you get the picture.
You talk to many Christians today and you may be mistaken into thinking that God was dead. They speak about Charles Finney, John Wesley, A.A.Allen, William Branham, Jack Coe, and many more of the great men of God. One might be led to believe that since these men had gone on to be with the Lord, that God does not work any-more.
What was different about these men, perhaps it was the fact that God had called them, Has God stopped calling men today? I don’t think so, I believe God is calling men and women today to work for him. I believe the difference lies in the fact that they were willing to be used of God and made themselves available. I believe reading about the lives of these men that initially they battled with their callings, some tried to resist their callings and suffered in many ways.
Perhaps you are suffering today because you have been resisting Gods call on your life, maybe you know God wants to use you, but are concerned what your peers may say. The religious leaders of the disciples' day did not agree with them, they tried to stop them using every way of persuasion possible, their reply was “we should obey God rather than man.”
I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it? (Isaiah 43 v 12-13)
God desires to work in this age, He cannot work while we have our hearts set on strange gods. You may not think you are serving strange gods, but anything or anybody that you allow to stand between Gods will and yourself is a strange god.

Let him work through your life today and show the world He is a God of TODAY.

No comments: